Saturday, June 24, 2006

On Dusty Days and Weddings



Yup its that time again. Hay season and my eyes are watering and my nose is stuffy. Ha ha its a good thing I don't have to go out there to work this year. We have extra help !! Yahoo! One field is done and Steve is picking up the large round bales and putting them into the stack yard. Don my hubby spent all morning going over the round baler and square balers to make sure all was in working order while Billy swathed ( cut down) the triangle field. The pivot field was cut down 2 days ago and, is now ( 12:30) on its way to being raked and bailed. There is lots and lots of hay this cut, and it looks like it will be a long hot dusty summer .I am so glad this ranch is in the mountains, its so much cooler up here. That's the one thing I miss about the coast, the ocean and its constant cooling breezes.
Well its hard to believe that the wedding was a week ago! The weather was wonderful (and after all that worrying to ha ha ha.) We had a lot of people who couldn't make it, but also being the friendly neighborhood that we live in, we had a lot of last minute guests we invited, so all in all we had about 65 to 70 guests including children. The Children had a blast, they were allowed to run free all over the yard ( as long as they stayed out of the bull pen ha ha) and Don loaded up the wagon and gave them all a ride to see the cows and Duncan our pet highland steer. (above photos)
The adults had fun too, they must have with the amount of bottles we took to the bottle depot today. ha ha ha

I am going to post a few photos of the wedding, I haven't developed a lot but I do have a few from the digital camera that I can post.

All that worrying about the wedding, and I forgot to put out the ham I had baked and sliced , most of the goodies I had baked and some how most of the cheese ( I have 3 blocks of marble cheese sitting in my fridge eeek!!) Why we missed the marble cheese I don't know . All in all it went well food and roast beef and salmon was plentiful. Rose , the grooms mother is an excellent cook and took over the kitchen and got everything to the tables on time. People enjoyed the relaxed BBQ atmosphere. In fact, a couple of people told me they wished they had done this with there wedding. The old folk spent the evening indoors watching the hokey game on TV while the younger partied outside..In the evening we lit the fire and at midnight the snacks came out again, beef in a bun and salads. Even after all that eating we still had loads left over.I sent Sarah and Darin home with what they could take and ended throwing out any thing that had Mayo. in it. Otherwise food lasted all week ha ha ha, now its back to cooking.( although I do have a fridge full of cheese and a freezer full of sliced ham and goodies)

Talking about Ham, I made the mistake for making Don and the workers Ham sandwiches for their lunch, I guess it was a little salty hee hee as they died of thirst and I had to take out extra water and juice. Won't do that again, to day it is egg sandwiches, ( I still have 5 dozen eggs in my fridge to!!)

well I'll post photo's now in another post

later

~Wanda

No comments: