Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Cherries, weight gain and a history lesson , all in one post Wow!

OHhhh, so sick, I have a tummy flue. hummm I wonder if its too many cherries??..Maybe that cherry milkshake I made last night, or the cherry pie, which was sooooo good, had a few frozen cherries too. Oh yes it was the cherries!!
Today I was supposed to clean out my poor van; I haven't done it since before the wedding. What a mess! Anyway I don't feel like it right now, so here I am on the computer.
I have been watching Don and the dog do the water "thing" out the back window by my computer. What a lot of walking he does, no wonder he is so skinny (the dog is too)
I am cooking Baron of beef tonight, poor hubby needs feeding up.
My weight is not doing so good; I think I have gained another 10 pounds since the wedding, although the scale says I am the same weight. I don't know, nothing seems to fit me and I have done nothing but laze around since the wedding. Maybe I should take that trip out to Alberta and visit Shawn (my son) and the baby for a while. Maybe I am depressed about everything that’s been going on around here? I don’t know...
Hey on a different note, some one contacted me about my family tree. They are related through an out of wedlock child, I asked my Mom and she said her Uncle did have a child out of wedlock back in the early 1900's sometime. My family has a connection to Romany Gypsies from the Isle of Mann, and I think this is what she wants to know about. Ahh explaining the difference between Gypsies and the OTHERS is a hard thing, most people hear the word Gypsies and that’s that. But there is a difference...there are the Gypsies, those who were born Romany, have a long heritage and are CLEAN and although they maybe be poor, proud of who they are They care for the environment around them and clean up the area they live in. Then there are the OTHERS, people who ancestors chose to live with, or like the Gypsies, They (not all of them, but most) can be smelly, dirty and uncaring of the earth they live on. Their campgrounds are filthy and children dirty and scruffy on the most part, quick-fingered scam artists who are fast becoming social assistant bums who don’t work. Now you are thinking I am cruel and discriminating, but I am not, I just don’t want you to think my family comes from that!! Even my sister when she went back to England asked, "what is that" as they drove past an camp of them, "Gypsies" she was told, "NO they are not " My sister replied, we don't live like that. Kind of shocked her friend who had no idea she had Gypsy heritage. The Gypsies I remember lived in trailers, true, but they carried NO garbage with them, no clutter, no mess. They Used bleach, because things had to be clean. My grandmother even bleached the rope clothesline she put out to hang her washing on. Things sparkled and nothing from below the waist ever touched something from above the waist. Yes that is true...You don’t use towels, or cloths for you bath to dry your dishes, you don't wash dish towels and face towels in the same wash (something I still believe) & you don't wash your dishes in the same bowl you wash yourself in, and my grandmother, and mother had a bucket of bleach water they dropped their cups into if they weren’t going to do the dishes right away. Shoes were never put on the table or bed, Oh I could go on for ages ha ha ha.
Along time ago when my Grandma was little she can remember sitting at a Gypsy fire and watching some scruffy people coming into camp.the older women were all looking out of the corner of their eyes and making comments one of the comments was " Dik Aki" which means look there or in other words Look at that!! Nowadays, a lot of these "new Gypsies " are calling themselves " Didakias" it isn't very hard to figure out where that one came from is it ha ha ha.
Now I better quit while I am ahead, ha ha ha, if anyone who knows me reads this I'll get into big trouble...But I just wanted to state there is a difference and Gypsies and Romany’s or Romany Gypsies are two different things.
Now verbal history as told in our family says: Along time past, our family was passing through Italy, Rome in fact, And a great favor was done for the Pope of that time so a reward was given to the
Romany Gypsies,"CartBlanch" they could take what they needed to survive in their travels & day to day living. The one thing Romany’s do is travel, and they traveled from there through many countries including France & England where they thought the Popes word would still be good to.ooops that is how they got the name for thievery and robbery when the poor Romany’s were only taking a meal to survive.
Now another thing, many people say there were No Gypsy Kings and Princes. That might be right, but again in our verbal history it is stated the when we (Gypsies) arrived, there were those who rode in silks and colors and there were the masses who walked behind. That might not mean Kings and such but it did mean there was a class difference amongst them.
Well enough for today in Romany history ha ha ha.
Bye for now

No comments: