Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Rambling on about Cherries, Superman & Gypsies

What am I to do with a fridge full of cherries. Ha Ha Ha..Well I know what to do , but who wants to do canning when the temp is getting up to around 34.. I never did pull out the stove from the motor home so its inside canning or none at all. Now a friend did tell me I could freeze them all, & that they are good eaten frozen on a hot day or after freezing them, I can can them at a later date when it is cooler.
Cloudy today so I am hoping it will not be as hot today (( Its still to hot to do any canning people!!))But it is a good day to wash the floor which has been needing it for a little while now.
Don asked for his once a year lump sum raise. He only asked for 100$ a month raise to be paid once a year, I am thinking they won't go for it..Ranching is funny that way , and they have let him know that he is one of the highest paid ranch hands around already. Which maybe true, but the bigger Ranches don't work their Men 7 days a week and more than 8 hours a day either. Ah well, this is where my Romany Gypsy heritage just might come in handy ha ha ha.. It just might be Don says "time to be moving on" I've moved a lot with him over the years, It was just the time period that I had a job in the Post Office that I couldn't go with him. I'm Retired now and Sammi is out of school in a year, and its a whole big world out there, right? ha ha ha I am not going to stress over it, although I think He ( Don ) is, he really likes it here, but is feeling like they want him to do it all and keep working each day until it is finished. They probably don't , hee hee , they have to know he is NOT Superman.
Shawn hasn't been phoning much, I hope all is going OK for him and baby Sammy. Sarah phoned yesterday and they are all doing OK.
I let Sammi stay out until midnight last night and she was ready to be picked up at 11:30,which was great, but I made the mistake of napping after 9 pm and so when we got home I was wide awake. I played around on the computer for a while then went to bed at 1 am. Was awake again at 3 am and again at 5 am , finally I got up at 7:15...And don't you know it, NOW I am tired.
so I think I am going back to bed for a nap, and tonight I'll stay up later with no naps ha ha ha.
Talking about My Gypsy heritage, I have a webpage out there that has my family names in it., and a few days ago I got a message in my Guest Book from a "maybe" relation.. Someone who is related to my Grandmothers brother. She lives in England..I am looking forwards to talking to them more now, and it has gotten me interested in genealogy again.. (( that last was an awkward sentence if I ever saw one , but oh well you get the meaning))
Well time for my nap, better go now before Don comes in for breakfast at 10 am.

No comments: